Join Moebius Noodles Math Improv
We are inviting you to join Moebius Noodles Improv, a parent and educator online class, during the first three weeks of November.
In our very successful previous classes, we showed quite a few games for teaching advanced math concepts to young children in a relaxing and fun way that engages the entire family. This time around, we will teach you how to create your own games that fit your child’s unique interests and learning preferences. We will give you the confidence to improvise and create math games on the fly.
The class is a cooperative, peer-to-peer gathering of adventurous grown-ups who want to enjoy advanced math with babies, toddlers and young kids. Think of it more like a get-together at your favorite coffee shop than a “prim and proper” class.
Here is the plan for each of the three weeks:
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you will get your improv prompt – a story or a video of a young math game, and ways you can vary it.
On Wednesdays and Fridays, you will improvise with your kids – we hope it will be a fun five or ten minutes for the whole family! You will send photos or videos of the improv to the class, and comment on others improvs.
Every photo, story, question, video you send will get a response from us, as well as other class members.
We will have live online jam sessions on the first Tuesday of the class (November 1st) and also a week after the class ends (November 22nd), for those whose schedules allow to attend at 9:30pm Eastern US time.
- Learning: exchange smart game know-how with like-minded parents
- Reduction of doubts and fears: See how young math really happens in the families (worth a thousand books)
- Peer support: Have your math parenting questions answered by peers and veterans
- Make a difference: Each math improv story, video or photo you send, each question you pose contributes to a free and open (Community Commons) resource, for educating millions of kids (and their parents and teachers) all over the world
How to join?
Head to the Moebius Noodles Improv class page at P2PU (Peer-To-Peer University), click on “Participate” button and complete the sign-up task.
- Math Goggles #8 – Make a Puzzle
- Math Goggles #5 – From Cleanliness to Mathyness
- Math is Not a Worksheet
- Gummy Bear Go! Game
- Math Goggles #1 – Math-y Librarian
- Learning Math with Board Games
- Snowflakes! Newsletter December 15, 2012
- Cover art & glossary: Newsletter November 30, 2012
- Newsletter November 15, 2012
- Newsletter October 30, 2012